Position Title: Director, Product Management-HR Solutions
Reports To: Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
The Director, Product Management–HR Solutions is responsible for driving the next phase of growth for AINS’ eCase® HR product line. The role requires a true Product Leader who can create and evangelize a transformative vision for our full suite of Human Resources Apps; collaborate with and drive a team of innovators and engineers to continue our tradition of building groundbreaking case management solutions; help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and connect with customers, prospects and partners to support growth objectives.
The Director, Product Management will be deeply involved in defining and executing on the eCase® HR product and platform strategy. The ideal candidate will have a balanced blend of technical and business acumen, as well as extensive knowledge of HR business processes and software systems.
The candidate will enjoy spending time in the market with clients and prospective clients to understand their challenges and work effortlessly to develop offerings that solve meaningful business problems. He/she will contribute to the vision, translate that vision into detailed product roadmaps, and work cross-functionally to drive product initiatives through the product lifecycle. The candidate will work closely with our commercial teams to ensure that our solutions are meeting customer needs, are launched effectively, provide appropriate return on investment and support the strategic direction of AINS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION(S):
- Define, own and communicate the multi-year, product strategy and roadmap for the HR application area that delivers innovative features and capabilities that drive revenue growth through strong positioning and differentiation. Oversee full lifecycle of HR products to ensure that they are managed effectively from launch to sunset.
- Be a hands-on leader capable of creating user stories and detailed product requirements that clearly articulate desired product functionality. Lead the process of bringing new releases to market according to schedule.
- Deeply understand and represent the needs of current and target customers. Lead cross-functional teams to create feature backlogs and prioritize product investments by making smart, decisive trade-offs using data-driven analysis and sound judgment.
- Champion ongoing competitive, market, and user research to ensure decisions are based on sound use of both qualitative and quantitative data. Track market trends and technologies and determine if and when to incorporate new solutions into the existing product line.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research via ongoing client visits, prospecting/user profiles, win/loss analysis, tracking regulatory issues and technology trends, etc.
- Ensure product definitions meet and exceed immediate and long-term business, customer, and market expectations.
- Develop product business cases that capitalize on market opportunities to grow market share and generate revenue growth. Drive innovation across the product suite, identifying and defining solutions that anticipate changing customer and market environments.
- Collaborate with Development/Engineering, Project Management, Delivery, Senior Managers and Product Quality to ensure timely development and delivery of high-quality products within an agile development framework.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team on effective go-to-market plans, including pricing, positioning and packaging for a cohesive strategy.
- Serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering and be a visible leader in the client community. Act as the subject matter expert/thought leader for identified product area by keeping current with emerging technology methods and tools and actively taking part in speaking engagements, writing white papers, press/analyst meetings, industry forums and prospect and customer visits; expected >50% of time is interacting with market/client.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities in order to extend product capabilities and capture market share.
- Work with the Delivery and Support teams to ensure our delivery approach provides maximum time to value for clients and supports client success.
- Collaborate with sales executives to identify opportunities for capturing additional revenue. Support sales and other customer-facing teams as the HR subject matter expert in high-value meetings/demos with customers, prospects, and partners.
- Brief and train AINS team members and partners on the latest product capabilities, market trends, competitive positioning and selling strategies. Work with Marketing to develop library of sales enablement tools to support key stages of the sales process.
- Develop and manage product line metrics and management reporting.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BS/BA required. MBA or Master’s Degree in Business, Human Resource Management, or relevant field or job experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of product management, product development, and/or marketing experience, preferably in a B2G and/or B2B enterprise software business. HR / HCM / Talent Management SaaS experience a plus.
- Must possess understanding of essential PM skills, processes, best practices and ability to teach others. Practical knowledge of the enterprise software product management lifecycle, including: market research, customer analysis, persona generation, requirements documentation, feasibility assessments, prototyping, etc.
- Pragmatic Marketing and/or Scrum Product Owner training and certification a big plus.
- Strong technical aptitude (through education or experience) with proven experience working closely with engineers to evaluate different approaches to implementing product features, weighing cost/benefit tradeoffs.
- Passion for and ability to understand customer needs and deliver great solutions. A track-record for building software that is easy to use with exceptional user experiences.
- Experience prioritizing customer requirements, working with stakeholders and internal teams to define market opportunities and business plans in support of company goals.
- Ability to think strategically to see the big picture as well as to execute on daily tasks necessary to turn great ideas into great products.
- Experience with delivery of an enterprise product line using Agile-Scrum development methodologies a plus; passionate about the role and contribution of product managers, BA’s, and UX designers in an Agile development environment.
- Excellent communication, cross-functional teamwork and influencing skills, with strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent program/project management and execution skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, take on responsibility and work well under deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision; desire to be in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment.
- A team player, effectively interacting and collaborating with employees at all levels within the company.